Athigh lift is a surgical procedure to reshape the thighs by removing the excess skin and fat, giving it a better shape and contour.The skin over the thighs tends to get bulky with obesity. With increasing age or as a result of weight loss, this skin also tends to get loose. It is often difficult or impossible to tighten this loose skin with just exercise or other non-surgical methods
Ideal candidate for thigh lift surgery:
.A thigh lift,
- Reduces excess and loose sagging skin on the thighs
- Reduces the excess fat
- Tightens the thigh to give it a smooth and better aesthetic shape
Any patient above 18 years of age who is physically and mentally healthy and wants to improve the shape and appearance of their thighs is an eligible candidate. Patients who are chronic smokers, on blood thinners and with major medical ailments must approach this surgery with caution.
At a detailed preoperative consultation, your surgeon will:
- Discuss your surgical goals and expectations
- Evaluateyour general health status and risk factors
- Elicit History of previous surgeries and medical conditions
- Elicit History of all current medications
- Ask about Allergies (including drug allergies), addictions if any
- Take Preopphotographs and plan for your procedure
- Discuss all treatment options
- Explain the possible outcomes
- Potential risks and complications of the surgery
Thighlift may be performed under spinal anaesthesia with or without epidural anaesthesia or general anaesthesia.
• Anesthesiarelated risks
• Delayed wound healing
• Scars along the inner side of the upper arm
• Damage to deeper structures such as nerves, blood vessels and muscles
• Fat necrosis
• Sensory disturbances (numbness, paresthesia)
• Post-op Pain
• Asymmetry and Need for fine-tuning / Revision surgery
Good results are usually achieved in most cases although a second surgery may rarely be necessary to optimize the outcomes. The changes brought about by the surgery are relatively permanent. However, it is essential to maintain a stable weight, to maintain long-lasting results. Please follow the instructions given by your Plastic Surgeon.
Getting a Breast lift is an integral part of Breast reduction surgery. The sagging and droopy breasts get lifted to a normal position on the chest. The nipple areola complex is shifted to a higher position as well, giving the breasts an aesthetic appearance.